Monday, December 13, 2010

THE BEST MAN

He held his glass high up and spoke into the microphone, ‘I would like to make a toast to Marie and Kev. Both have been very good friends of mine since childhood. The struggle to get Marie was a tough one but in the end, Kev was the one that gave her the ring. I must say that I also tried to pursue her but unluckily failed. And here we are joined together to celebrate this union of which I am not happy about’
At that moment, he reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a pistol and aimed at the couple. Everyone in the hall screamed and scampered around; trying to shield themselves from any possible misfire.
He aimed the gun at the bride and groom who clung to each other desperately for dear life. Other members of the high table already dove under it.
He walked in close to them, the bride crying hysterically, and said, ‘Kev, you knew Marie is and always has been mine. I begged you to stay away and you refused. We are friends and I thought we looked out for each other and besides, you gave me your word’. He turned to Marie, ‘You once told me you loved me and the next thing I know, both of you are walking down an aisle. To rub it in, you ask me to accept his offer of being his best man. This is just a matter only God can settle’
At that he put a bullet in the groom’s heart and another in the bride’s head. Then he turned to face the chaotic audience who had turned the hall into a rowdy session from the floor. Those who could hide hid, those who peeped to catch every minute of the drama peeped and some others wailed as loud as their voices could allow them.
He turned the pistol to his right ear and said, ‘For those of you who love me or know me, Good bye’, then he lodged a bullet in his brain and crumpled to the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment